Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mixed Media Altered Photo





















My favorite city is San Francisco!! My heart beats faster, I smile bigger, and there's a spring in my step when I'm there. It's as if the city is alive and I can feel it beating and breathing through me. I don't think I'm conveying the feeling well - just making myself sound like I've inhaled too many paint fumes. Anway, if you DO "get it", you know the feeling I mean. For me, San Francisco is like "coming home". I've never lived there, but it just feels right. Austin, TX is the same, as well as Boston, MA. Whatever "it" is, I just can't get enough.
I needed some new photos for a Mixed Media Altered Photo ATC swap that is coming up soon. One of the criteria for the swap is that YOU have to take your own photos. The altering part is completely open to the artist's whim. All of the above photos were taken on a recent visit to SF.
After printing the pics I sanded them a bit, added some crackle texture, and added color with Silky Crayons. I then used some acrylic paint to make the circles and stamped the text with one of the cute little BonTon Bon-Bons word stamps.

1 comment:

Barb said...

These look great. I love the green best.