Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recovering
















I had carpal tunnel release surgery on my right hand at the beginning of April. The surgery was successful, but recovery time means no use of the hand for quite awhile. I'm past that now and have finally been able to CREATE!!
This Altered Paint Box project was inspired by an article titled "Rainbow in a Box" by Connie Govea Stuart in the May/June 2009 (Volume 13 Issue 3) issue of Somerset Studio.

I'm going to give it to the guy at Borders, here in Davis, who always rings us up (Justin). He's the one who told me about the article and he was SOOOOOOOOOO excited about this project.

Hope he likes it!!

Description: Citrasolv background, rubber stamp images, dye ink, Lumiere paint, Metal embellishment, faux gemstone, seaweed, metal coins, microbeads, glass crystals, doll arm (which has a little wire that can be used to hang the piece on the wall if desired. Justin and I are kindred spirits in that we have a "thing" for doll PARTS. I like the arms. YES, just arms. I have a little collection of them on my windowsill. DON'T LAUGH! IT HELPS KEEP THE NEIGHBOR KIDS FROM TORMENTING MY KITTIES WHILE THEY SUN ON THE WINDOWSILL. Justin likes the heads.)

No comments: